Image Map

Friday, January 16, 2015

Taberu Rayu English Muffins

This is one of my infamous not-sure-if-it-even-counts recipes because there's really nothing to this recipe. It's more instructions of assembly than a true recipe, but that's the sort of thing I excel at. Some days even the microwave takes too long, you know?

It's no secret I've been in a funk lately. My nature tends towards introspection, analysis, and the esoteric on a good day. That's just the way I am. But sometimes my mind, which most people deem as a gift, lazily spirals into morbidity, melancholy, madness.

The most important thing for anyone to do is simply what they can do now, and not focus on what they could have done. You have to find happiness not tied to measurable things; happiness not tied to titles or success or how you stack up compared to other people. You have to just live.

So fuck it. Let's make some English muffins.

This is definitely an unconventional use for taberu rayu (食べるラー油), however I think it is very accessible. Mr. Mochi, who generally thinks his girlfriend is insane and treats these sort of concoctions warily, liked it. Most of all, it's an excuse for me to get more taberu rayu into my day.

I used the Laughing Cow brand of spreadable cheese, but feel free to use any sort of spreadable dairy that appeals to you. For instance: Cream cheese, goat cheese, or you could even get fancy and melt some brie.

Taberu Rayu English Muffins

2 English muffins
4 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Swiss
2 teaspoons (or more) of taberu rayu (食べるラー油)

Split and toast the English muffins (or don't toast, up to you). Spread one wedge on each half of the muffins. Top with about 1/2 tsp of taberu rayu on each half and spread it around a bit. Enjoy.

See Also:
Caprese Sandwich
Hurricane Popcorn
Lazy Spam Donburi

No comments:

Post a Comment